MSVC dashboard

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 24 19:12:22 BST 2006

At 12:48 PM 7/24/2006, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
>On Friday 21 July 2006 19:10, Matt Rogers wrote:
>> >
>> > Just to avoid any potential confusion.  Kitware will still run the dart
>> > servers, I just do not have the time to maintain the dash17 client.
>>
>> I'll start my dashboard back up again over the weekend for linux. Until
>> recently, I was concerned about heat problems on the machines involved, but
>> I'm not anymore, so I guess I can give them something to do. :)
>
>Medium term, let's try to move these things on to the EBN since the
>dashboard / build status of the system and the number of warnings and errors
>is an important indicator of code quality (and it really belongs in our
>at-a-glance view of the code).
>
>I just don't have any time *right now* (on vacation, eh) to look into it.
>
>Bill, are there docs about setting up a dashboard view? Could I effectively
>screen-scrape kitware's dashes?

Client side is very easy to setup.   If you notice on the each of the builds, there
is a note.  If you click on the note, it contains the ctest script used to drive
the dashbaord.   Examples of setting up cron or windows scheduler can be
found here:

 http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest

Here is the script I used for the nightly:

http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Sites/dash17.kitware/Linux-Debian-gcc4.1/20060724-0100-Nightly/Notes.html

This one does continuous:

http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Sites/dash17.kitware/Linux-Debian-gcc4.1/20060724-1730-Continuous/Notes.html

As I said, I have no problems running the server side of the dashbaord.  I am just
having trouble keeping up with the client and the changes to qt-copy/dbus, etc.

-Bill