kde4 application disable to compile for the moment

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sun Jul 23 14:54:51 BST 2006

On Sunday 16 July 2006 15:58, Laurent Montel wrote:
> Hi,
> I think that it's the moment to inform that there is some applications
> which is disable to default build system (not ported to kde4/qt4)
> I put in CC actual maintainers (or email that I found perhaps not active)
> when it's possible
(...)
> -> kdesdk: cervisia (dbus port)

>                    kbabel (dbus port)

KBabel has no active maintainer, especially not for KDE4. KBabel for KDE4 was
already totally unusable in March 2006. Therefore if nothing else helps and
if there would not be any viable alternative, may be it would be needed to
move KBabel to KDE4's playground, even if this is probably the worst possible
situation for many KDE translators.

>                    kompare

Note that KBabel needs kompare.

>                    kspy
>                    kunittest

>                    poxml

This should be made to work, as it is needed by the documentation system.
(Only transxx could perhaps die, even if I have never write its Perl/Python
replacement that I had planeed.)

(...)

Have a nice day!