kde4 application disable to compile for the moment

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Sun Jul 16 14:58:20 BST 2006

Hi,
I think that it's the moment to inform that there is some applications which
is disable to default build system (not ported to kde4/qt4)
I put in CC actual maintainers (or email that I found perhaps not active) when
it's possible
-> kdeaccessibility: ksayit

-> kdeaddons: noatun plugins (noatun not ported)
                          kicker-applet/mediacontrol
                          konq-plugins/kuick (Pb with KIMproxy api)
                          konq-plugins/sidebar
-> kdeadmin: kdat
                         ksysv

-> kdeartwork: kwin-styles (need to adapt to new api, I didn't found doc about
api changes)

-> kdebase: kcheckpass (pam support ? need to finish pam cmake check I think)
                     taskbar (will port or remove when plasma was released)

-> kdegraphics: kmrml (need to port it to new dbus)
                             kpovmodeler (need to port to kaction api)

-> kdemultimedia: kaboodle (dead or not ?)
                                  noatun (dead or not ?)
                                  xine_artsplugin (dead ?)

-> kdenetwork: dcoprss (need to port to dbus)
                            filesharing (need to port to kpageitem)
                            kdict (kaction pb)
                            knewsticker
                            krdc (dead ?)
                            krfb (dead ?)
                            ksirc (replace it ?)
                            kpf

-> kdesdk: cervisia (dbus port)
                   kbabel (dbus port)
                   kompare
                   kspy
                   kunittest
                   poxml

-> kdeutils: kdelirc
                    klaptopdeamon
                    kmilo
                    ksim
                    superkaramba (dbus port)

Perhaps I have forget some applications...

For the moment all this applications are disabled and not ported (sometime
it's just some little fix to do but we don't know all code some it's not easy
to port it, I will prefere that maintainer finish to port them)

Perhaps maintainer can decide that it's not important to port them so we can
perhaps removed them from kde module.
Perhaps there is other application (which are maintains) can replace them.

Comment ?

Regards