kdelibs coding style

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Sat Jul 22 11:13:21 BST 2006

Hello,

Just my two cents by a non kdelibs developer: i feel like in this
discussion/decision, the only very controversial point is the position of the
opening brace, isn't it ?
All other rules can be easily admited by everybody (tab/spaces, nb of spaces,
etc.) because they allow a good vertical alignment of blocks (indentation).

So, I know that initial deciders of the rule that met in Trysil said something
like "please no adjustments. otherwise we'll discuss this till the cows...",
but maybe everybody could be happy if the "braces" rule would just be
removed ?

In the worst case, there would be file well indented but with various braces
placement. In my experience, this is just bearable.

Regards,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://gna.org/projects/kgraphviewer