Trolltech <-> KDE contact point for critical issues

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Jul 15 11:17:37 BST 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 01:47:06PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> We have to draw a line somewhere and I believe with the current set of
> features a stable and timely Qt 4.2 release is more important for KDE.

i can't say i can follow you. i can buy into any other reason for
feature-freezing qt4.2 now, but the benefit for kde4, which is currently
in the probably most fluent state possible, is more than questionable to
me.
when qt4.3 brings these shiny new features we will a) deprecate "half"
of our api in kde4.1 and b) be entirely stuck with our implementations
until kde5 in cases where the qt new implementations are no suitable
base for our apis fixed in kde4.0 (think inheritance, but also behavior
compatibility). in any case we'll again have concurrent implementations
in qt and kde.
oh, well ...