Pimpl copying

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Jul 14 20:13:05 BST 2006

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 14 July 2006 11:35, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> Searching for "Private;" shows that the naming is totally inconsistent
>> in kdelibs. So the question is, must it be consistent? And if, which
>> name should be used?
>
> yes, it should be consistent. no, i don't think we should spend time
> discussing it on this list. there are people who feel one way, others who
> feel another ... it's almost purely personal aesthetic opinion. and opinions
> can (and will) be discussed (or argued) forever without resolution.

Yes, I also think it should be consistent and I also think we should
avoid such endless discussion. (I can't imagine that someone is
really annoyed by such a trivial decision)

> this, along with other coding style issues for kdelibs, should simply be
> mandated by the TWG since they are the closest we have to a kdelibs
> maintainer team and the rest of us can just abide by that.

A question remains: Is the coding style at
http://developer.kde.org/policies/librarypolicy.html
the official TWG one? When it is the case I will start the renaming.