Pimpl copying

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 14 19:38:26 BST 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 11:35, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Searching for "Private;" shows that the naming is totally inconsistent
> in kdelibs. So the question is, must it be consistent? And if, which
> name should be used?

yes, it should be consistent. no, i don't think we should spend time
discussing it on this list. there are people who feel one way, others who
feel another ... it's almost purely personal aesthetic opinion. and opinions
can (and will) be discussed (or argued) forever without resolution.

this, along with other coding style issues for kdelibs, should simply be
mandated by the TWG since they are the closest we have to a kdelibs
maintainer team and the rest of us can just abide by that.

because in the end consistency trumps "but it isn't -my way-". we have our own
application code to impose our twisted views of the world upon. kdelibs
should be treated more respectfully.

0.02.

--
Aaron J. Seigo