New Prosal [was Re: policy change related to kdelibs snapshots]

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jul 13 10:01:12 BST 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 05:28, Jaison Lee wrote:
> I look forward to having KDE apps available to people running other
> OSes, but I absolutely draw the line at removing existing, functional
> features from my own desktop just because those other OSes are
> crippled or have only recently realized that mice should have more
> than one button.

This read a lot like a knee-jerk reaction to the simple case of removing a
feature that almost nobody knows about. I am fully aware that for every
feature there is a user that objects when it is removed, but you have to
ask yourself why you force others to keep maintaining code for a feature
that people will _only_ find when told about it.

That, my friend, is the definition of an expert user craving an expert
feature.

--
Thomas Zander