Unity - KHTML and WebKit

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Jul 13 09:25:52 BST 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 02:00, Germain Garand wrote:

> I would like to understand how this description reflects the "Unity"
> project. Is that your personal view, the view of all developers that worked
> on this project so far, or the outcome of a KDE working group consultation?

Given that all "old" KHTML hackers quit development due to Apple's inability
to work with a community, it should be clear that this is not what we (I)
want. But on the other side, there is no point in trying to get Apple to
cooperate if we don't show that we're interested in a cross-toolkit WebKit
either. Yes, our tree has several unmerged bugfixes, is better integrated. If
we can change that in WebKit, we can better compare the engines to be able to
test the common claim that Safari is a lot faster/less buggy etc.

Dirk