Unity - KHTML and WebKit

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Jul 13 01:10:18 BST 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 20:00, Germain Garand wrote:
> So, as far as I can see, this is your old plan of folding KHTML back into
> WebKit, under tight control of Apple Corporation.

  Definitely not.  It is a new approach to try to just take WebKit as-is and
then put some of our patches into it, and only work with the other WebKit
parties (Apple included) as -equal- partners, as I mentioned in my original
email.  "tight control of Apple" is absolutely unacceptable to me as I'm sure
it is to you.

> Please note that I'm not going to criticize that plan here. I'm only
> interested in making matters unequivocal.

  Good, I want things to be clear too.

> I would like to understand how this description reflects the "Unity"
> project. Is that your personal view, the view of all developers that worked
> on this project so far, or the outcome of a KDE working group consultation?

  "Unity" was chosen by me because the ultimate success would be one unified
engine, I think.  It's just a code name for the work we did.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/