policy change related to kdelibs snapshots

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 22:25:58 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 11:40, Thomas Zander wrote:
> If your suggestion is to work; it should be an announcement with a link to
> the code for people to download and inspect while its being created. If
> we don't request comments on new code to be well thought out and include
> some background checking, then I'm afraid too many will just feel
> frustrated about their fear of being ignored, only amplified by the lack
> of understanding that email brings.

i was not suggesting to supplant the usual peer review mechanism, but to find
a way to provide a summarization mechanism that can be used to build a
timeline.

i suppose we could do the same with a script that cleverly inspects the svn
log for KDE4PORTING.html, but that would be a -lot- harder to get right than
simply following an email list (for what should be fairly obvious reasons).

and all -that- said ... if anyone thinks that all api changes in the past were
done on high bandwidth mailing lists you're rewriting history. dcop came from
a face to face meeting after a long series of inconclusive email threads on
the kde devel list. think about it. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness