cmake error in kdebase X11_Xfixes_LIB

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jul 10 16:04:57 BST 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 09:34, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 09 July 2006 13:03, Martin Koller wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to build kdebase from trunk, but I get the following error:
> >
> > CMake Error: This project requires some variables to be set,
> > and cmake can not find them.
> > Please set the following variables:
> > X11_Xfixes_LIB (ADVANCED)
>
> This is because the configure check for Xfixes makes it optional, but
> workspace/kwin/kompmgr/CMakeLists.txt uses unconditionally.
>
> Luboš, should we make Xfixes mandatory, should we disable kompmgr if it's
> not present, or should we (err, can you) make kompmgr work without Xfixes
> if it's not present?

 Kompmgr requires XFixes, it should not be compiled at all if it's not
present, the same with XComposite, XRender and XDamage. And I actually
remember seeing a check for this somewhere under kdelibs/cmake few days back.

 However given the kwin_composite branch the right solution can be simply
removing the kompmgr subdir from trunk even now.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org