policy change related to kdelibs snapshots

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Jul 10 10:28:44 BST 2006

I agree too. Not everybody have fast computer that allow them to
easily rebuild and fastly rebuild kdelibs all the time. Maybe incremental
update of KDELIBS will make it less painfull. But, someone have asked me to
extend the developement cycle of KOffice 1.6 (the KDE3 branch of KOffice)
because for each new kdelibs-snapshot it takes him a day (of hacking) to
build the lib. One of the few reasons behind 1.6 was because some developers
were concerned by developing for a moving target like kdelibs4. That's why I
don't agree that snapshots should be dropped.

And I also wonder, when will those refactoring end ? And it might good to
finally set a date for this.
--
--- Cyrille Berger ---