[RFC] Split tests and examples in KDE4

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sun Jul 9 14:30:03 BST 2006

On Sunday 09 July 2006 14:16, Brad Hards wrote:
> [1] phonon doesn't do this - it always builds its tests. That wouldn't be
> hard to fix though.

It builds the fake backend, not the test programs. The fake backend has to be
installed in order to be usable, it could probably just be inside a
IF(KDE4_BUILD_TESTS), but then most of you won't have any phonon backend
installed for now and that is not supported yet. So if you don't want to have
KDE4 code crashing in Phonon you want to install the fake backend.

The tests/examples split is a good idea. Even though I consider the guitest
and mediaplayer programs in phonon/ui/tests to be test programs (I use them
as such) they probably belong into the examples dir...

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de