modifier-only shortcuts

Andy Rysin arysin at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 7 13:48:02 BST 2006

On Friday 07 July 2006 3:16, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Friday 07 July 2006 10:16, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > and it's a "proper" command sequence involving a control key and a
> > non-control key that isn't used for anything else i can really think of.
>
> This would be alt+space on intel, right?

Ok, so let me to summarize this if I got it right:

1. We will provide possibility for users to have modifier-only shortcuts if they really want it, the question if it's for everything or just for kxkb

2 The default chosen shortcut for layout switching will be "proper" not-a-modifier-only shortcut, but which is easy to press with two fingers on one hand. Current two proposals: Ctrl+Menu and Alt+Shift. First one is very like Alt+Shift or Ctrl+Shift often used by Win users but have problem of not being present on older keyboards.

3. Alternative to 2 could be still modifier-only Alt+Alt (as used in gnome) as this combination is not used (correct me if I am wrong) in any other shortcut combination so no "accident switching will happen".

Andriy