modifier-only shortcuts

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jul 6 22:08:42 BST 2006

On Thursday 6 July 2006 22:39, Chusslove Illich wrote:
> Now, for the other folks in this thread:
>
> I didn't expect nearly so much objecting. In fact, I thought that Kxkb
> is not allowing Xkb switchers merely due to some obscure technical
> obstacle. Armchair consistency and all that is fine with me

It might not be a good idea to play on an assumption that the points
raised are based on 'armchair whatever'. Things like that can backfire as
soon as you learn that these points come from people that actually have
professional experience in the usability field :-)

> If I sound a bit grumpy, among other things that's because I have a
> small doubt that Aaron's idea, of pressing three keys and then
> selecting layout from pop-up list, might not have been just a sarcasm.

Calm down; nobody is saying the problem is not real, or should be ignored.
Just that this one solution proposed here is in need of refinement.

Being calm, its easier to see that pressing alt-tab to switch windows is
about the same as the above behavior.  Both _can_ show the popup, but
they don't have to.

--
Thomas Zander