kdevelop (Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4)

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 11:35:09 GMT 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 22:08, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> Bottom line is that the amount of effort required to turn Eclipse into a
> good KDE IDE is very small compared to the one required for putting
> KDevelop even halfway close to the feature level of Eclipse.
Since when is Eclipse a good C++ IDE? Ask Alex Dymo who has worked on both
improving Eclipse C++ support, and KDevelop - how came he isn't fazed by
Eclipse? You might be right for Java programming, but for every other
language I fail to see why Eclipse or the SWT gui framework is particularly
compelling.

-- Richard