Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jan 28 15:43:36 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 23:25, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Which apps come to mind?
> ------------------------
>   * First --- quanta/kommander, kmail/kontact, kdeedu, kate...;

We would have loved to do a KDE PIM 3.6 release. But since we are no
dreamers we unanimously agreed in Osnabrück that (unfortunately) it
won't happen. Why? Because we have hardly enough developers to work on
KDE PIM 4 (especially now with Akonadi) and maintenance of KDE PIM 3.5
is already at the lowest possible level. So unless a miracle occurs
(like you pull 5 full-time KDE PIM developers out of your hat) KDE PIM
3.6 will stay a dream.

Regards,
Ingo