Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 10:31:47 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 00:19, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 January 2006 23:10, Richard Dale wrote:
> > adding C++ support to KDevelop for
> > KDE development should be given a higher priority in the project than it
> > has now (I don't know how to make that happen).
>
> My feelings tell me that ruby and ruby-on-rails support is going to be
> very important for the success of any IDE ;) But of course that does
> not make c++/kde support less important.
I just added basic Rails support with a project template, and enabling WEBrick
to be started as the app, and script/console in the konsole tab for KDevelop
3.4. I find it perfectly useful as it stands, and use it at work, so I'll
just keep adding things to improve Rails support in the next month or two.

Various other things that need improving. A better class parser (I started
that at the meeting in Kiev, but haven't done anything since). Speed up the
debugger, as it's too slow to debug Rails apps at the moment. Then add some
more KDE specific project templates.

-- Richard