kdevelop (Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4)

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Jan 27 14:31:28 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 15:27, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 10:35, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, doing a dual-reply thing, hope I don't get people too confused.

> > > Because those of us using kate are too young to count as core devels?
> > > ;-)
> >
> > In KDE 3.5.x, Kate has become very usable to edit, especially with its
> > sessions. (I just do not like the new automatic quoting feature when
> > typing quotes.)
>
> We changed it due to a request of a user. If you and others - or better the
> majority - find the old behavior better (insert "", '', {}, (), []) we
> should revert it. The problem is in general how to say what's the best, due
> to _lack of feedback_, which raises the question: _How_ to get good
> feedback?

I often find myself getting two quotes instead of just one that I have
intended. But when you want to delete that extra quote, both go away. :-( So
you have to select first and delete the selection.

The other problem is that I often select and type to delete the selected text.
That is to be avoided if the first character that is typed is a quote, as the
selection gets quoted. This might be a good feature; I am just not used to
it.

> Greetings,
> Dominik

Have a nice day!