kdevelop (Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4)

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 14:27:32 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 10:35, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 01:36, Maks Orlovich wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 January 2006 18:44, David Faure wrote:
> > > On Thursday 26 January 2006 00:40, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> >
> > OK, doing a dual-reply thing, hope I don't get people too confused.

> > Because those of us using kate are too young to count as core devels?
> > ;-)
>
> In KDE 3.5.x, Kate has become very usable to edit, especially with its
> sessions. (I just do not like the new automatic quoting feature when
> typing quotes.)

We changed it due to a request of a user. If you and others - or better the
majority - find the old behavior better (insert "", '', {}, (), []) we
should revert it. The problem is in general how to say what's the best, due
to _lack of feedback_, which raises the question: _How_ to get good
feedback?

Greetings,
Dominik