Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 10:46:18 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 21:10, Gary Greene wrote:
> My concern as a distributor is whether the bindings for Perl-Qt/Perl-KDE
> will be continued for Qt4/KDE4. PhoeNUX's distro tools rely on that
> binding.
I've ported the Smoke library that PerlQt uses to Qt4, and it isn't a huge job
port the PerlQt code itself to Qt4 - mainly changing the way slots and
signals work. It should be possible to take the Qt4 QtRuby code to do that
and adapt it, as QtRuby was based on PerlQt. I don't really understand how
all of PerlQt works, and I find the perlguts api very painful compared with
the Ruby one, and so I'm not sure if I could do it personally. It depends on
whether Ashley Winters will want to do a new version of PerlQt for Qt4.

I don't think PerlKDE was ever released properly, so I don't know what will
happen with that for KDE4.

-- Richard