Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Jan 26 09:21:35 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 11:10, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> [ Alexander Dymo ]
>
> > This is, of course my opinion and I'd really like to hear from KDE
> > developers what they think is wrong in KDevelop.
>
> I am thinking in files, not in projects, and project management gets
> in the way of my workflow.
>
> I have a similar problem with Quanta: Whenever I start it, I get all
> kinds of annoying error messages about missing files that I forgot to
> close before I quit Quanta the last time. I have not yet found an
> option to tell Quanta not to re-open every file that I once opened
> automatically again later.

Settings->Configure Quanta->Environment->Startup options.

> And the strange thing is that even though
> Quanta remembers which files were open, it doesn't remember which
> doctype I chose for them, so I have to set it again every time.

Indeed, it doesn't remember for every file in particular, and I'm not
sure it is a good idea to do so. You will end up with such pairs in the
config file for non-existing files as well. But you can choose a
default DTD and (in the same config page as above) tell Quanta to use
that if the DTD cannot be detected. You can do this per project as
well.

> told Quanta that xml syntax highlighting should be used for ".rng"
> files, but that doesn't work, and there is no way to associate the
> file ending with the doctype (Relax NG).

Syntax highlighting is inherited from the Kate part. Does it work if you
open the same .rng file in Kate?

Hopefully this will help to give another chance to Quanta.

Andras