Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Thu Jan 26 00:27:33 GMT 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 00:40, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> I've been watching at core KDE developers for three years. They still use
> vi (emacs). Why? Looks like KDevelop doesn't have clear benefits as
> a development tool for them.

For what it's worth, the single reason I keep using XEmacs (even though I do
keep an eye on kdevelop) is code formatting. KDevelop loses against xemacs at
the first curly brace I type.

Kdevelop also lacks an 'outline' panel like in Eclipse or Idea, showing all
the classes and methods of the currently edited file. The current "classes"
panel is impossible to use in any large project.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org