K-Menu, XDG menus and Kiosk woes

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Thu Jan 19 21:03:31 GMT 2006

On Thursday, 19. January 2006 18:40, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2006 17:03 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> > On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 04:41:28PM +0100, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > > http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-0.9.html#desktop-e
> > >nt ry-extensions-examples
> >
> > That applies to the .desktop files, not the applications.menu file.
>
> Sure, the ShowOnlyIn-tag is .desktop file based. And the problem is ...?

I guess that means they can't show the same menu entry in different menus
depending on the desktop environment, just to turn it on or off. That means
for different categories, two different .desktop file for both KDE and GNOME
would be needed, the one hidden in GNOME, the other one in KDE.

Or I get it completely wrong and deserve to be flamed :)

Bye,
  Jakob