ksyntaxhighlighter (Re: KDE/kdelibs)

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 16:08:22 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 16:58, David Faure wrote:

> > > Indeed! And why is it in kdelibs? Seems Scott moved it there to make
> > > the
> >
> > class KDEUI_EXPORT KSpellingHighlighter : public KSyntaxHighlighter
>
> OK. The confusing part is that KSyntaxHighlighter::highlightBlock is email
> specific, this is the part that should be moved out. All we want in kdelibs
> is "syntax highlighting using spellchecking". So:
> 1) KSyntaxHighlighter should be removed (the quoting code should move to
> kdepim)

Ok create a specific class into kdepim
(for the moment kdepim will use old k3synthaxhighter (not a problem for the
moment)

> 2) KSpellingHighlighter should be removed too, since it doesn't use
> kspell2, and in kspell2 there is already a syntax highligher!

it's right, but don't use for the moment QTextEdit => need to port it too.
kde3support/kspell2 ? (for compatibility ? or any program use it ?
(kword/kpresenter use it but I don't know if other program use it)

> 3) KDictSpellingHighlighter might have more stuff than KSpell2::Highlighter
> so it should be ported to KSpell2::DictHighlighter.

Ok.