enum's & KConfigBase

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 09:42:48 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 04:43, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> I propose to pick-up this discussion at a later date after the libs are
> refactored. Anyone know how soon that will be?

Not too soon, since it would break the kdelibs work branches.
So I suggest to delay the restructuring until after the qaction/qtoolbar/qmainwindow
port is done. I see other work branches for multimedia and service discovery but
those are probably a bit more independent (i.e. easier to merge even if we
restructure kdelibs).

About the enum issue: I like very much Olivier's idea of automating it for Q_ENUMS,
I think we could add that even now. And I also like the idea that most code should
use KConfigXT, but that's not the kind of conversion that is easy to automate,
so we'll go there one step at a time...