enum's & KConfigBase

Thomas Braxton thomas_braxton at cox.net
Wed Jan 18 03:43:40 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 20:16, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > KConfigXT does such conversion for you.
> >
> > For enums that are defined for KConfigXT, but what about all the rest?
> > And with KConfigXT as far as I can tell the enum has to be defined in two
> > places 1) the header to be used by code
> > 2) the .kcfg file to be used for reading/writing
> > and that means they need to be kept in sync, or it defeats the purpose.
>
> KConfigXT generates a header for you from the .kcfg file.

Forgot about that.:)

Maybe it's too early to do serious forecasting about the specifics of this
feature, because if I remember right the libs are going to be refactored.  So
maybe the final look of this should wait until after the libs are refactored
and we can see what is needed and how it would be used. If all of the uses of
this feature are at a higher level than KConfigXT then we could just use
that. OTOH if this feature is needed at a lower level then we could use
something like the enum to string macros mentioned earlier on this thread. So
I propose to pick-up this discussion at a later date after the libs are
refactored. Anyone know how soon that will be?

Thomas