enum's & KConfigBase

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Jan 16 22:41:01 GMT 2006

On Monday 16 January 2006 19:39, Thomas Braxton wrote:

> What do you guys think of this macro?

I'm not so sure if its a good idea to convert enums to integers and back.
enum's tend to be reordered within applications, which break binary
compatibility (not a problem usually for inner-apps usage) but then also
breaks configuration reading. This is a major problem. KDE applications break
already way too often their own configuration (I cannot remember how often
already I had to redo the very same settings in e.g. konversation because the
way the configuration key was stored was changed *yet another* time). We
shouldn't make it too easy to keep that nasty habit.

--
Dirk//\