location for additional tools for windows

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Jan 15 10:46:34 GMT 2006

Nicolas Goutte schrieb:

>On Monday 09 January 2006 18:04, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

>>>They are not libraries and they are not needed to build kdelibs,
>>>so they don't need to be in kdelibs.
>>>
>>>I think this could go into a new module, trunk/wintools or something?
>>>We don't need to package it in our KDE source-tarball releases, so
>>>it doesn't need to be under trunk/KDE/.
>>>

>>If it is supposed to be future extragear applications, then I suggest that
>>it starts in branches/work as currently there are no playgrounds for KDE4.
>>

>I forgot that, meanwhile, there are temporary modules for playgrounds and
>extragears in KDE4:
>branches/work/kde4/playground/
>branches/work/kde4/extragear/

There are currently two always usable applications in mind
    ln2kdesktop  - convert windows startmenu links into kde desktop
files (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/kde-cygwin/tools/lnk2desktop/)
    kde-installer  - a Qt (command and gui) based download and install
tool for kde developers on windows, which allow easy installation of
various required libraries and tools   (libraries from GnuWin32 project,
download of python/perl installation package )

These tools are already usable, no playground. They may have language
support in the future, so where to place them ?

Ralf