Mouse Gesture & Speech Recognition Everywhere

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sat Jan 14 22:14:41 GMT 2006

This is also what i wanted to do :
  the possibility to configure gesture and voice trigger from the configure
shortcut dialog.

The problem is that such trigger can't be handled directly by the application,
but need a daemon (khotkeys).
The solution is to use DCOP^W DBUS  so each application will have a
 executeAction( string )  which execute the given action,  and also the
configure shortcut dialog need to talk with the daemon for the configuration.

That's very realistic.

Another cool thing i wanted, is the ability to change shortcut/gesture/voice
directly from the menu.
right click on a menu item would show a sub menu with action like : "change
shortcut" ,  "add to toolbar" , "mark/unmark as important"
(important action are shown in bold in the menu, and are the most used action
by the user,  this is just an idea)

About that, i noticed the existence of a KMenu::contextMenu  function, but the
documentation is not very explicit, and i don't really know what it is.

This depends how we goes with KAction finaly.
How is the KAction port going ?