KConfigBase cleanup

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 10 17:23:18 GMT 2006

Thomas Braxton wrote:
>I have nothing but respect for TrollTech, but just because Qt does it
> that way doesn't make it the only way. The definition would get marked
> with KDE3_EXPORT instead of KDE_DEPRECATED, then we could move the old
> code out of the way. This patch shows how much code could be moved just
> in kconfigbase.cpp.

This only works for non-virtual methods. Then again, no virtual method can
be #ifdef'ed out.

As long as the compatibility methods are non-virtual and mostly wrappers,
they don't have to be in any library at all. Make them all inline.

Only those few that are not wrappers have to be in library code.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.