KConfigBase cleanup

Thomas Braxton brax108 at cox.net
Tue Jan 10 17:01:44 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:45, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 January 2006 17:40, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> > I was thinking it could be defined something like:
> > #ifndef KDE3_SUPPORT
> > #define KDE3_EXPORT KDE_NO_EXPORT // or KDE_DEPRECATED or a combination
> > #else
> > #define KDE3_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
> > #endif
> > then I could move all of the functions that are still in KConfigBase for
> > KDE3 support to kde3support.
>
> Well at least the definition (.h) of those methods would have to remain in
> the class, so why not the code too? This is what Qt does, too -
> libqt3support is only for entire classes, not for single methods.

I have nothing but respect for TrollTech, but just because Qt does it that way
doesn't make it the only way. The definition would get marked with
KDE3_EXPORT instead of KDE_DEPRECATED, then we could move the old code out of
the way. This patch shows how much code could be moved just in
kconfigbase.cpp.

Thomas