QT4 Progress for KDE (kdebase)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jan 6 13:19:28 GMT 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 20:01, Jaison Lee wrote:
> > If these reports are helpful I can send them out weekly for the various
> > components. Let me know!
>
> I know I would definately appreciate the updates. I hadn't realized
> things were so far along.

I see no rush in kdebase being Q3-free, some things need rewriting anyway.

My goal is rather to get kdelibs Q3-free asap (headers first, implementation later),
so that people writing new Qt4/kde4 code can do so without q3 things being
brought to them by kdelibs.

> Something like this but for scons progress would also be helpful. I've
> been wondering when we are going to start seeing SConstruct files for
> modules other than kdelibs.
We have a lot of work to do on bksys in kdelibs (including most of the configuration)
before it even makes sense to port the other modules to bksys.
Feel free to join kde-buildsystem at kde.org and to help :)