debug libs (Re: KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Feb 28 19:54:50 GMT 2006

David Faure wrote:
>Qt4 on windows uses _debug because it compiles -both- versions (release
> and debug) by default. But this is not the standard way on unix, I
> don't see a reason to do that there, other than "doing like Qt", but it
> seems to me that Qt is making a mistake there.

Qt does that on X11 too. This is especially nice for
the -debug-and-release mode.

If you want to build two separate libraries, you need two different names.

*However*, does anyone want to build KDE *twice*? It already takes too
long to build KDE once (even on a 20-node cluster of Pentium IV 3 GHz)

So I don't think we should build libkdecore_debug.so.4.2.0.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

3. Ac seo woruld wearð geborod, swá se Scieppend cwæð "Gewurde Unix" and
wundor fremede and him "Unix" genemned, þæt is se rihtendgesamnung.