A look at GNOME 2.14, comparison to KDE

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Feb 22 21:57:54 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 14:14, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> Also, is there a way to fix the ugly frame that shows up when you hover
> turning globe icon ( the throbber ) ? Seems to be because its a QToolButton

no, it's a KAnimWidget which is a QFrame subclass. it then changes the frame
style on mouse in and out. i've patched it locally so that if you set the
framestyle to NoFrame it doesn't do this.

however, this makes konq look like crap because our throbber in kde3 is a
square. so i'll look at making this change in KDE4 and then ensure that our
throbber isn't a square ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo