Limitations on kdewidget candidates?

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Wed Feb 22 21:22:07 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 18:13, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 23 July 2005 20:12, Shaheed wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm wondering why the KTimezoneWidget I added to kdewidgets does not
> > work. It shows up in Qt Designer as one might wish, but whenever I try to
> > add an instance to a dialog, designer aborts saying:
> >
> > /usr/lib/qt3/bin/designer-real: symbol lookup
> > error: /home/srhaque/kde/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/kdewidgets.so:
> > undefined symbol: _ZN15KTimezoneWidgetC1EP7QWidgetPKcP10KTimezones
> >
> > Of course, looking up the mangled name gives the constructor of the
> > widget, but its visibility in libkdeui.so seems the same as any other
> > widget from the KDE set. So why the error?
> >
> > I am wondering if the real reason for the error is that KTimezoneWidget
> > constructor takes a KTimezone argument, and *that* is not defined except
> > in libkdecore.so: AFAIK, Qt designer knows nothing of that library.
> >
> > Assuming this reasoning is right, is there a way to workaround this, or
> > do I have to remove KTimezoneWidget from kdewidgets?
>
> This was never answered so here's a late answer: you can adjust the
> constructor call by setting ConstructorArgs in kde.widgets.
> But since it compiled for you, I don't think the problem is there.

Yes, I tried all kinds of variations of ConstructorArgs to no effect.

> I think
> it's finding another version of libkdeui?

Hmm. Its been a while, and actually, I don't have a dev tree for kde at this
point, but given that I had the paths set correctly for kdewidgets.so, I'd be
surprised if it was that (I used to run a 100% compiled from source KDE using
QTDIR/KDEDIR). Maybe DavidJ will have a chance to try this before me.

Thanks, Shaheed