Elektra backend for KDE

Thomas Braxton brax108 at cox.net
Mon Feb 20 17:40:06 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 09:45, Avi Alkalay wrote:
> As a side note, on Elektra there are no config files. So maybe this methods
> should be renamed to something like retrieveConfigResource() and
> saveConfigResource().
> A filename can be a configuration root, etc, so we can use them the way
> they are today anyway.
I just thought of something, If there are no files, then our idea of how to
determine which backend to use will need to be rethought. The idea was to
have env vars specify which directories contain which kind of files, and have
KConfig choose the correct backend based on that, but if there are no files
then there are no dirs either, so how are we supposed to know if we are
supposed to use the Elektra backend? Are you intending to replace all of
KDE's config files with Elektra, as an all or nothing exercise? The intention
was to allow the admin/user to be able to mix & match backends on a per
directory basis. Will this still be possible with the Elektra backend?

Thomas