Removing aRts

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Feb 17 10:50:46 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 11:04, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> Just want to ask, is this new mm framework will usable for video, or
> just audio?

Depends on how far I get:
- audio and video are a must have
- audio and video processing (effects) are a must have
- DVD, TV, Webcam capture, and so forth, would be nice to have, and I will
work more on that as soon as I have the above covered.

And btw, Phonon does not qualify as being called a framework. It's a library
easing multimedia development while making the applications independent of a
multimedia framework/lib or soundserver.

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de