Removing aRts

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Fri Feb 17 02:58:19 GMT 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 15:48, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As far as I understand it, the multimedia guys have decided we will have
> another multimedia system on KDE 4 (Phonon) which will be completely
> different from aRts.
>
> So, can we remove aRts from trunk/KDE ? I think --without-arts is already
> the default anyways.

Is about time.
And Mathias, its not time to make a Phonon webpage using same looks as solid
and plasma ?
I think we need make clear that we will not choose another soundserver as
default, but a mm layer that can use any developed backends..
People starts to become confuse

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer