How to build/install qt-copy 4?

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Wed Feb 8 00:40:09 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 04:40, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> First of all, Qt4 supports shadow builds properly now (srcdir !=
> builddir), so the hack kdesvn-build has for Qt3 shadow builds can go.

Sweet.  Now to make sure it works without using use-qt-builddir-hack. ;)

> Second, Qt4 can install cleanly. kdesvn-build could detect when the qtdir
> setting differs from the path qt-copy is at and pass the proper -prefix
> option, then install.
>
> But I wouldn't make that option mandatory. Most people are used to not
> installing Qt after building it. In fact, here at Trolltech, I don't
> install any of my Qt builds.

Well I didn't plan on making it an option to be honest, just "intelligently"
detecting whether the user has chosen a qtdir different from qt-copy's build
directory.

i.e.

< Using qt-copy  |  qtdir setting   |     kdesvn-build action    >
       Yes       |   ${build-dir}   |  Use -prefix, don't install
       Yes       | Not ${build-dir} |  Use -prefix, install
        No       |      n/a         |           n/a

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne