ShowOnlyIn for autostart

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Feb 7 17:27:21 GMT 2006

The upcoming release of Gnome has started putting files in
/usr/share/autostart which means we get gnome-volume-manager and other
bits started by default with KDE.  A Kubuntu developer has made this
patch to make KDE respect OnlyShowIn and NotShowIn for autostart
.desktop files.

 http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/no_gnome_autostart.diff

The files Gnome includes in /usr/share/autostart do include
OnlyShowIn=GNOME; but the files KDE includes do so have
OnlyShowIn=KDE;

Any objections to me applying that patch to 3.5 and trunk and adding
OnlyShowIn=KDE; to the autostart files that non-KDE users are unlikely
to be interested in?

Jonathan