SVN succesful-compilation tag

Mantia Andras amantia at kde.org
Fri Feb 3 07:13:28 GMT 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 22:55, Frans Englich wrote:
> But when I think about it, it would perhaps nevertheless be a good
> idea. A script could somehow figure out what most receent revision
> that builds, and then commit a snapshot of that. What revision that
> builds could be determined by iteratively building, or query one of
> those cmake build farms(that's possible? no?).

Yeah, but it compile on which platform, using which compiler, which
supporting libraries and so on. You would need quite a big compiler
farm to say freely that "it compiles". I'm not sure it is worth to do
it. And if you dare to compile the development branch you should not be
afraid of compilation/linking errors. And you should be able to report
or fix yourself, this way making it even better..

Andras