New special effects library

Jacob R Rideout kde at jacobrideout.net
Tue Dec 19 19:19:23 GMT 2006

There seems to be some mixup on what it being named: classes and a
moniker for what a collection of classes represent.

Classes should have dull names that aid in the readability of code.

Libraries and core technology should have cool names to market their features.

Qt does this. Tulip, Arthur, Interview, Scribe: these names never
appear in the code, just the docs and marketing materials. So, I am
positing that we all agree, we just are misunderstanding this
difference.

Jacob