dbus+Service name+error

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Dec 19 22:10:37 GMT 2006

Laurent Montel wrote:
>Otherwise we will have a lot of bug because web site was moved or
> developper forgot to use this function.

The website should not move. This is a first step.

Or, at the very LEAST, the old site should still work for a few more
years.

>For me by default we must use kde.org for all kde application and guy we
> wants to use specific service name changed it.
>It's better to avoid to create bug.

I disagree completely. Service names are hierarchical and are supposed to
be unique globally. For Joe Developer's application, the only uniqueness
he has is the domain name he owns.

Alternatively, Joe Developer can ask KDE to reserve his application an
org.kde prefix.

If we are reserving him such a prefix in our DNS hierarchy anyways, why
not give him a webpage, hosting or at least redirection?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358