dbus+Service name+error

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Dec 19 17:30:12 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:22, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 19. Dezember 2006 15:59, schrieb Laurent Montel:
> > Hi,
> > I think that there is a little problem.
> > When we defined a kaboutdata with web site:
> > for example into kmid:
> >     KAboutData *aboutdata = new KAboutData("kmid", "KMid", "2.0",
> >         I18N_NOOP("MIDI/Karaoke file player"), KAboutData::License_GPL,
> >         I18N_NOOP("(c) 1997,98,99,2000, Antonio Larrosa Jimenez"),"",
> >         "http://perso.wanadoo.es/antlarr/kmid.html");
> >
> > we parse web site address to defined the organizationDomain
> >
> > But here organizationDomain is wanadoo.es
> > and dbus used it for its Service name
> >
> > and we see into dbus:
> > es.wanadoo.kmid
> > => it's a big problem because if web site is changed all dbus call must
> > be changed.
>
> Are you looking for
>     aboutdata->setOrganizationDomain( "kde.org" );
> ?

Yes I saw it.
But for me it will better that it's automatic put to kde.org and guy force it
to own organizationDomain when he wants to use specific domain name.
Otherwise we will have a lot of bug because web site was moved or developper
forgot to use this function.
For me by default we must use kde.org for all kde application and guy we wants
to use specific service name changed it.
It's better to avoid to create bug.

> I learned that once on irc :)
>
> Friedrich

Regards