New special effects library

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Dec 19 15:02:35 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 15:47, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > With news sites, blogs, (paper)articles all giving attention to the new
> > stuff, and the general idea that non-boring names tend to stick better in
> > peoples minds.
>
> And how does that apply to libraries at all? Are you saying that you will
> do such aggressive marketing of KDE that everyone on the world will know
> every KDE library name? Or are you saying that developers will come to KDE
> because of a neat name of a library? I just don't believe any of it, even
> for a second.

All I'm doing is sharing my experiences; and those are based on naming a
library 'Flake' and heavy marketing that resulted.
People nowadays come to us with ideas for the lib, they come to us with
questions on how this lib can help them. Etc.

That's all I'm trying to bring across here.
--
Thomas Zander