New special effects library

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Dec 19 12:34:15 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 12:40, Zack Rusin wrote:
> It looks like we're trying to market libraries which in turn is pretty
> bizarre. Users don't care, or should never have to care about technologies
> under the applications they're using, so the existence of Phonon, Solid or
> Decibel doesn't matter to them.

If we were a company; I'd agree. But we are an open source project and after
targeting users, we have to realize that the only way we can go on living is
getting new developers.  So we market for new developers as much, or even
more, than for end users.
Which makes having cool library names a pretty big deal.

--
Thomas Zander