Revisiting uiserver

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Dec 18 09:14:34 GMT 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 22:26, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Robert, I can study the possibility of using QUiLoader for having the
> special buttons. It can be really useful, but I have no idea if *.ui files
> are going to be used in KDE developing (in general), since they are just
> "files", and they can just "disappear" or things like that. Is interesting.

Having apps provide their UI files in a stream so the uiserver can show them
on screen (IIRC possible without any compilation nowadays) certainly warrents
investigation IMO.

> Aaron, callbacks remind me a lot to another window manager, but yes, they
> can be used. Probably is a good solution. I can take a look at it.
Well, callbacks in C++ are a lot cleaner. Just make the app implement a class
that has some pure-virtual methods (or just virtual for that matter) and get
the app to use a setAppInterface(MyInterface) or similar method and you are
done.

--
Thomas Zander