Revisiting uiserver

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 21:26:22 GMT 2006

Thanks for your feedback,

John, as Aaron and Robert said HTML is not probably the best solution for
this. QPainter has more power for painting and doing fancy visual effects
with less work, and they can be adapted to the visual color selected by the
user, and so on... so that's probably the best option, using delegates for
drawing.

Robert, I can study the possibility of using QUiLoader for having the
special buttons. It can be really useful, but I have no idea if *.ui files
are going to be used in KDE developing (in general), since they are just
"files", and they can just "disappear" or things like that. Is interesting.

About the Gnome's project, I think that is a really good idea... since we
are all running on top of dbus, things can be easily adapted to our needs (I
don't know how easily, but at least easier than when kde was using kdcop).

Aaron, callbacks remind me a lot to another window manager, but yes, they
can be used. Probably is a good solution. I can take a look at it.

Thank you for your comments,
Rafael Fernández López.